- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events.
Questions or concerns?
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on our services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on our services, or otherwise when you contact us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and our services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Your name
- Your email address(es)
- Your phone number
- Your location
- Your age
- Your password
We do not process any sensitive information. If you use our mobile application, we also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
- Geolocation Information: We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Access: We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's calendar, contacts, reminders, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Data: We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server).
- Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of our mobile application. If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our services, for troubleshooting, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you are responsible for maintaining such personal information up-to-date.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate our services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data: Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in our services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports - sometimes called "crash dumps", and hardware settings.
- Device Data: We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access our services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data: We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access our services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of our services.
2. How do we process your information?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. What legal bases do we rely on to process your information?
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent: We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a contract: We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legal Obligations: We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests: We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
4. When and with whom do we share personal information?
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
We may share personal information in specific situations described in the following with:
- Our corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies.
- Third-party service providers who require the information to deliver their services. This includes IT service providers, data storage, hosting, and server providers, as well as analytics, error logging, debt collection, maintenance, problem-solving, marketing, professional advisors, and payment systems operators.
- Our own staff, contractors, or associated entities.
- Current or prospective agents or business partners.
- Sponsors or promoters of any contests, sweepstakes, or promotions we organize.
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities in situations where you fail to fulfill payment obligations for goods or services provided by us.
- Third parties, including agents or subcontractors, who aid us in delivering information, products, services, or direct marketing to you.
- Third parties involved in data collection and processing.
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officials when mandated by law, in connection with ongoing or potential legal actions, or for establishing, exercising, or defending our legal rights.
We also may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Other Users: When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to our services) or otherwise interact with public areas of our services, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside our services in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our services and register for our services through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our services, and view your profile.
5. What is our stance on third-party websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third parties that we may link to or who advertise on our services, but are not affiliated with our services.
7. Where and how do we use the Google API?
In Short: bleane uses the Google API Services according to the Google User Data Policy, to enable the calendar integration feature.
bleane uses the Google Application Programming Interface (API) Services to enable the calendar integration feature. The use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy
, including the Limited Use requirements.
8. How do we handle your third-party logins?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using an existing third-party account, we may have access to certain information about you.
9. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
10. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our services is at your own risk. You should only access our services within a secure environment.
11. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK) , you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK ), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.Withdrawing your consent:
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
or by updating your preferences. However, please be aware that withdrawing consent will not retroactively affect the legality of previous data processing, nor will it impact the processing of your personal information based on legal grounds other than consent.Opting out of marketing and promotional communications:
You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
13. Contact Us
Last Updated: November 01, 2023